My qualifications encompass skills of both a design leader and an educator. See design and management below, to see teaching experience and skills click the button to the right.
Springbox - User Experience Designer - June 2016 - August 2017
- Created user flows, wireframes and prototypes for new and revamped websites and applications.
- Administered usability tests, user testing and A/B testing to optimize KPIs for clients.
- Fiercely advocated for the needs of users while working in agile, cross-functional teams.
- Tracked trends and analyzed data to make recommendations for increasing on-page time and conversion
Design Edge - Product Designer - Oct 2014 - June 2016
- Served as lead designer and project manager for several Industrial Design projects, many simultaneously.
- Led design thinking sessions and brainstorming workshops with other designers and clients.
- Coordinated advanced technical designs with mechanical engineers to create award-winning designs.
- Worked directly with suppliers to drive down part counts and shipping costs.
Trident Design - Industrial Designer - July 2013- September 2014
- Managed the most successful tool crowdfunding campaign of all time for a tool, exceeding the goal by over 5,500%.
- Worked directly with clients to create innovative new products and services.
- Sketched, modeled, rendered and animated for large and small clients.
FREEFORM, Inc - Industrial Design Intern - July 2012 - December 2012
- Met with potential clients and presented work to existing clients.
- Researched, brainstormed and developed brand direction and color/finish/material boards.
- Sketched, photoshopped and used SolidWorks do develop final designs
- Worked with such clients as Snap-On Tools, Briggs and Stratton, GUM Dental, Crayola, and Lucas Films.
Volunteer Firefighter - Upper St. Clair, PA
I spent three years volunteering as a firefighter in my hometown outside of Pittsburgh. I was responsible for attending training sessions, work drills, business meetings and responding to emergency calls. Working as a team in life or death situations was a formative experience. I learned deep trust and leveraging the skills of others makes the best result for everyone.
Management - Various
I worked as a management trainee for a year at Enterprise Rent-A-Car after graduating from Purdue. I was also an assistant manager at the busiest Rite-Aid in Los Angeles during an internship.
Carnegie Mellon University - MIIPS - Master of Integrated Innovation - Products & Services
I am currently pursuing my Masters in Integrated Innovation at CMU. The program is a joint effort between the Engineering, Design and Business schools, and the cohort is representative of those backgrounds. I am learning how to systematically innovate, using techniques developed by industry leaders at CMU. I am also taking classes in Brand and Product Management, Strategy, Project Management and Leadership.
The Ohio State University- BS - Industrial Design
I graduated from Ohio State in 2013 with a Bachelor's in Industrial Design. OSU has a reputation for a research heavy approach and laying a foundation for thoughtful design. Keeping the user at the center of every project and conducting observations and interviews was a core competency learned through this program. We also learned empathetic design and human factors.
Purdue University- BS - Retail Management
My first degree was from the School of Consumer and Family Sciences at Purdue University. The degree focused on management, marketing and consumer behavior. I was very involved in extra curricular activities during this time, as the Vice President of my Fraternity, Executive Board member of Purdue University Dance Marathon, Host of old Masters and Supervisor in the Boiler Gold Rush orientation program.
+Acumen & IDEO.org - Coursework - Human Centered Design for Social Innovation
I took this course online after work and on weekends. The course was a 5 week study of human-centered-design and how we can use design to bring about social change. I had one other group member, and our project iVote, which is shown in my work page, was selected as one of the top three projects out of over 3000.
Sketching - I am competent in hand sketching and digital sketching in Photoshop and Sketchbook.
Computer Modeling - I do most of my CAD modeling in Solidworks.
Rendering - I primarily use Keyshot, but have experience in Maxwell and V-Ray.
Animation - I create animations within Keyshot 5 and After Effects.
Video Production - I do editing in Adobe Premiere, and also have experience on set and writing scripts.
Presentation - Both creating documents with InDesign and presenting to clients.
Client Relations - I have been the project manager and point of contact for several clients.
Management - I have management experience at Enterprise Rent-A-Car and within design firms.
User Research - I implore a user centered design approach and conduct primary research.
Concept Development - From thumbnail to store shelves, I've had a hand in the whole process.
User Experience - I've dabbled in UX and UI, and hope to create more within this space.
Strategy - One of my favorite things to do, and biggest skills is working with clients in forecasting and strategy.
Awards & Honors
3rd Place, Dog Product - Global Pet Expo
OSU Honoree (1 of 3) - IDSA Student Merit Award
Graduate Fellowship Award - CMU, MIIPS
3rd Place, Dog Toy - SuperZoo Expo
Best in Class - +Acumen/IDEO design course